Tasmanian Women in Agriculture (TWiA) has been established to connect, support and celebrate women in Tasmanian rural and regional communities. TWiA strives to be a dynamic, relevant and diverse community that enriches women.
Purpose of the Position:
The Administration Officer position will be contracted to a suitably experienced individual to support the Beyond the Farmgate Development Program and other administrative duties as instructed by the TWiA Chair, or other Executive member(s) as delegated by the Chair.
The Position is jointly funded by TWiA, and a grant provided by the Tasmanian Government through a Strategic Industry Partnership Program (SIPP) grant. The contract will be for a period of 18 months following initial 3- and 6-month performance dependent probation periods.
It is envisioned that the role will require 8 hours of input per week, and up to 16 hours the week prior to Beyond the Farmgate events. Any additional hours must be first approved by the Chair or Treasurer.
The candidate will need to have their own Information and Communication Technology (computer, printer, phone and reliable internet connection) and have a suitable space to work on TWiA responsibilities. The role requires ICT and financially literacy and advanced communication skills. As this position is a sub-contractor role The successful applicant will also need an Australian Business Number and relevant insurance(s).
Duties of the position must be performed ethically and in accordance with the law and community expectations. All TWiA executive, members and stakeholders are to be treated with respect.
Key Responsibilities of Administration Officer
Beyond the Farmgate Development Program
In collaboration with relevant Executive Committee member to ensure smooth running of up 10-15 training programs per year; including, but not limited to:
· Identify, book and confirm suitable venues for training, and ensure venue proprietors are fully aware of each party’s responsibilities.
· Confirm partnership relationships with organisations and individuals responsible for program delivery.
· Advertise programs across TWiA networks and social media as well as other effective communication media.
· Arrange group transportation to venues as required, respecting property biosecurity protocols where applicable.
· Arrange quality and cost effective catering for events.
· Ensure all pre-event activities are coordinated and completed in a timely manner with key personnel.
· Arrange for all training materials, printing and equipment to be available in a timely and cost efficient manner.
· Ensure all participants are fully informed of requirements, expectations, safety issues, etc. well in advance of the event.
· Distribute pre and post training surveys as required, and assist Executive members to collate data and analysis information following training.
· Contribute to “Lessons Learned” events post training to continuously improve TWiA events.
· Any other reasonable Beyond the Farmgate Activities as requested by the relevant Executive.
Key TWiA administration responsibilities:
· In the absence of the Secretary, record minutes of all meetings.
· Disseminate TWiA communications via emails, website, social media and other appropriate media.
· In collaboration with the Secretary, maintain all TWiA documentation
· Duties of the position must be performed ethically and in accordance with the law and community expectations.
· Receive and action correspondence, including email and post.
· Draft letters on behalf of TWiA.
· Report on key duties to the Executive, and at meetings as requested.
· Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive.
Desirable Skills and/or Knowledge
· Knowledge of the Tasmanian Agriculture Sector.
· Administration experience, stakeholder relationship management, venue and catering procurement, ICT competency, meeting processes, monitoring and evaluation, and report preparation.
· Sound commitment to respect for member privacy and Executive confidentiality expectations.
· Willingness to fully commit to TWiA’s Code of Conduct.
· Enthusiasm for TWiA’s objectives.
· Effective time management skills.
· Being a current member of TWiA will be an advantage.
Applications close at 11.59pm on 15th May, 2023.
Please apply by emailing your application to email@example.com